CAPE MAY LEGAL OFFICE
The Cape May Legal Office is located on the main deck of the Mission Support Building at Training Center Cape May, New Jersey. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 0730 to 1600. We can be reached via telephone at (609) 898-6902.
We handle Military Justice issues solely for the Commanding Officer of Training Center Cape May. All other units are required to contact Legal Service Command’s Military Justice & Command Advice Branch (LSC-6) in Norfolk, Virginia at (757) 628-4326 or visit their website for more information. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.
We provide legal assistance services only to those persons eligible under COMDTINST 5801.4 (series), Section 5.a. Those persons eligible are as follows:
- Members of the Armed forces who are on active duty (including reservists on active duty or scheduled for deployment).
- Members and former members entitled to retired or retainer pay or equivalent pay.
- Officers of the commissioned corps of the Public Health Service who are on active duty or entitled to retired or equivalent pay.
- Dependents of members and former members described in paragraphs (1), (2), and (3) above.
- Other persons authorized by the Judge Advocate General.
The legal assistance services that we provide include: Notary, Last Will and Testaments, Powers of Attorney (General and Special), Family Law (Divorce, Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support), Immigration Issues, and the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act.
Legal Assistance Forms
Legal Assistance Handouts