Ready for Operations - RFO
RFO Contact Number – (910) 440-6609
The Ready for Operations Team visits Deployable Specialized Force units annually to assess compliance with current policy, configuration control, and standardization. This is accomplished by assessing the material condition, unit’s training program, and the rescue and survival systems program, as well as a full assessment of crew proficiency.
The Readiness and Standardization program is designed to:
- Emphasize readiness and standardization as a daily process with operational commanders continually aware of factors that limit the ability of their boats to safely operate at design limits.
- Improve crew safety and proficiency by standardizing procedures.
- Ensure equipment is maintained IAW prescribed PMS.
- Ensure equipment is supported and maintained in accordance with configuration management requirements.
- Provide a uniform method of measuring unit readiness and compliance with program standards.