Advanced Distributed Learning Branch (FC-Tadl)
The Advanced Distributed Learning (ADL) Branch provides the Coast Guard with strategic vision and direction that enables the development and implementation of the most effective, cost efficient electronic performance solutions that are aligned with the Coast Guard’s overall operational and support enterprise.
- Recommend and implement strategic actions for the Coast Guard ADL Program.
- Develop and maintain ADL strategic policy for all Coast Guard ADL design, development, implementation, learning IT systems/applications, and modeling and simulation (M&S).
- Recommend approval of standard operating procedures (SOP) for Advanced Distributed Learning.
- Review and recommend for approval all recommended ADL solutions for Coast Guard wide dissemination through the Coast Guard enterprise learning management system (LMS).
- Ensure the LMS is maintained and provides full functionality for all learning assets.
- Promote use of ADL resources and best practices.
- Perform strategic and operational management of the Coast Guard LMS.
- Support ADL collaboration with DoD, DHS, and other federal and foreign agencies to garner efficiencies and savings to Coast Guard ADL initiatives and infrastructures.
- Provide liaison between Coast Guard ADL community and other strategic partners in Deputy Commandant for Mission Support (DCMS).