Voluntary Education Links


Collapse All Expand All


American Council on Education (ACE) Credit and the Joint Services Transcript (JST)

It is possible that Auxiliarists may have ACE credit for taking military courses and/or obtaining military rank (prior service) and may qualify for the Joint Services Transcript (JST). For example, any Auxiliarist, who has completed Auxiliary Leadership and Management (AUXLAMS) since 1 January 2012, is eligible for three (3) semester hours in Leadership in upper level at the undergraduate college. This credit is recommended by the American Council on Education (ACE) and is generally accepted by most military-friendly colleges. It is ACE credit that is listed on the Joint Services Transcript (JST). By checking the following source, members can see what courses have ACE credit.

Source: ACE Military Guides Online

In addition, Auxiliarists who have taken courses through active duty such as unclassified nonresident courses may have additional ACE credits. Auxiliarists desiring to have an official transcript (Joint Services Transcript) forwarded to a college should follow the instructions below. Most Auxiliarists must have their records built into the JST because their training records are not automatically transferred to the JST and most Auxiliary courses have not been reviewed by ACE. If the course has not been reviewed by ACE, it will not have ACE credit.

Auxiliarists may also wish to have their official transcript (JST) sent to an employer as proof of continuing education. Since very few employers have a special account with JST, the Auxiliarists may request a Special Mail Request to have the transcript sent to their employers. Complete and forward a ETQC FORM 1560-10 to the Registrar's Office.

Transcript Request Steps

1.) If the Auxiliarist served in the Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, or Navy, the Auxiliarist most likely will have ACE credits documented on their JST transcript. Go to the ACTIVE DUTY MEMBERS section and expand "Official Military Transcript - Joint Services Transcript (JST)" to learn more about JST.

Follow the link to the Joint Services Transcript (JST) website to create an account. (If the JST states ”NO RECORD FOUND,” a record will have to be built.) Complete form ETQC-1562 Application for Correction Form. If military rate credits fail to appear on the JST, include copies of DD-214s along with the ETQC-1562-1562 so the Registrar’s Office can add the rate. (Note: Air Force Veterans should contact the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) to obtain their official transcript of their prior military credit. Very few Air Force courses have been reviewed by ACE.


2.) Provide completion certificates or letters for the courses you have taken. Provide copies of the course certificates (including AUXLAMS certificate) to the Registrar's Office along with the ETQC-1562 because the Registrar’s Office cannot build a record without documentation showing course completion.

Note: If the course has not been reviewed by ACE, it will not appear on the official transcript.

3.) Provide information to build your JST record. In order to build your JST record, you must provide the following data along with the ETQC-1562:

•Full SSN
•Date of Birth
•Auxiliary Enrollment date and EMPLID

NOTE: The Registrar's Office cannot access Personally Identifiable Information through AUXDATA or AUXOFF.

4.) Protect Personally Identifiable Information (PII) information. It is very important to protect Personally Identifiable Information (PII). Select one of the methods on the ETQC-1562 to send your data.

5.) Notification of JST. Once your JST record is built, you will be notified via email and further instructions will be sent on how to have your JST sent to your school of choice. Questions and Documents can be e-mailed to ETQC-SMB-RO@uscg.mil

Taking CG courses and tests
Auxiliary members may take unclassified courses and tests available from ETQC. See the EOCT course information PDF for a complete list.
Course materials must be ordered through a CG ESO and can be shipped to your home address.
Tests must be administered by a CG ESO.
See your nearest CG unit to find the closest ESO.